Dr. Boley provides a comprehensive approach to managing conditions of the heart, blood vessels and circulation system through early detection, treatment, lifestyle adjustment and appropriate use of advanced medical technology.
Know the Signs[spacer]
Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach. You may have shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort. Other signs may include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
For more information visit:
[icon icon_type=”Images” icon=”icon_1″ align=”center” custom_class=”top-offset”][spacer][/span4] [span4]
Visit our patient eduction section to learn more about various types of heart disease, heart conditions, and how the heart functions. We have information on testing, prevention, and procedures.
You can find information on how to prep for your first examination or how to schedule an appointment. If you still can’t find what your looking for call the office, and one of our friendly staff members would be glad to assist you.
[icon icon_type=”Images” icon=”icon_2″ align=”center” custom_class=”top-offset”][spacer][/span4] [span4]
- A human heart is roughly the size of a large fist.
- The heart weighs between about 10 to 12 ounces in men and 8 to 10 ounces in women.
- The heart beats about 100,000 times per day (about 3 billion beats in a lifetime).
- An adult heart beats about 60 to 80 times per minute.
- Newborns’ hearts beat faster than adult hearts, about 70 to 190 beats per minute.
- The heart pumps about 6 quarts (5.7 liters) of blood throughout the body.
- The heart is located in the center of the chest, usually pointing slightly left.
[icon icon_type=”Images” icon=”icon_3″ align=”center” custom_class=”top-offset”][spacer][/span4]
is ready to serve you!
[spacer][posts_grid type=”team” columns=”3″ rows=”2″ order_by=”date” order=”DESC” thumb_width=”180″ thumb_height=”200″ meta=”no” excerpt_count=”12″ link=”no” custom_class=”team”][/span12] [/row] [/mp_span] [/mp_row]